At present, pulp moulded products made of reeds, straw husks, sugarcane, wheat straw, bamboo, wood are more and more widely used in protective packaging of electronic products, household appliances, instrumentation, glass-ceramic paper products, small machinery, as well as retail packaging of high-quality paper and plastic products for consumer goods. So what are the characteristics of pulp moulded products?
1. Various specifications and shapes can be produced through the mold to meet diverse packaging requirements. Moreover, it is easy to prevent collisions of products.
2. With light and soft paper, it has good strength and rigidity, which makes it good at protection and cushioning.
3. Ideal aeration and moisture absorption are conducive to food preservation. As long as an appropriate amount of waterproofing agent is added to the pulp, the pulp moulded products can be water resistant. For example, egg racks and fruit racks can be filled with water not exceeding 35 degrees Celsius within 24 hours, and there will be no water stains on the reverse side. However, this property is not required in industry packaging as it should be used for storage, transportation and external packaging requirements.
4. According to needs, pulp moulded products can be flame-retardant, anti-static, waterproof, laminating, printing, and can be used in retail packaging terminals.
5. In terms of protective packaging, molded pulp products have more advantages than EPS, EPE and EPP buffers.
A. The raw materials of pulp moulded products are waste paper and various fiber materials from paper mills. They have a wide range of sources and are easy to collect. While as foam plastics come from petroleum products, resource depletion and price problems will become more and more serious.
B. Basically, pulp moulded products can be used as lining products instead of foam plastics. It occupies less storage space and has lower transportation and storage costs.
C. The friction of foam plastic is prone to generate static electricity, and the use of pulp molded product packaging can play a better role in protecting electronic products and household appliances.
D. The moisture of the food packaged by plastic products is not easy to volatilize, which makes it easy to decay, and the molded pulp products have water permeability and air permeability, which can achieve anti-corrosion effect.
6. The raw materials are widely used and can be used as waste, with obvious social benefits and higher recycling rate. Both waste and finished products in production can be used as raw materials for remanufacturing.