Sitting in a vector coffee house, rotating the coffee paper cup in his hand, his eyes are fixed on a triangular symbol on the lid of the cup, with the number 6 in the center of the triangle. "Do you know what this symbol means?" Can you answer it if you love coffee? Have you noticed those numbers on the lid of the cup?
Coffee, simply put, is a drink that has a refreshing effect. Nowadays, more and more people love to drink coffee, whether at home, in the office or in various social occasions, people are drinking coffee and using eco friendly coffee lids. It is gradually associated with fashion, modern life, and gradually evolved into a coffee culture. However, not many people notice the triangle symbol number on the hot cup lid. This is related to your health and mine.
The triangle shape represents the meaning of recyclability and indicates that the product is not produced using recycled materials. The number in the middle represents the plastic type code, that is, the "ID card" of the plastic: different numbers represent different plastic materials and uses.
(1) No. 1, PET (polyethylene terephthalate), mineral water bottles and carbonated beverage bottles are all made of this material. Heat-resistant to 70 ℃, not suitable for acid-alkaline beverages.
(2) No. 2, HDPE (high density polyethylene), commonly used in medicine bottles, cleaning supplies, and bath products. Not suitable for use as water cups etc.
(3) No. 3, PVC (polyvinyl chloride), which is easy to produce two kinds of toxic and harmful substances, has been less used for packaging food.
(4) No. 4, LDPE (low density polyethylene), plastic wrap, plastic film, etc. are all of this material. The heat resistance is not strong, and the phenomenon of hot melting will occur when it exceeds 110 °C.
(5) No. 5, PP (polypropylene), the microwave lunch box is made of this material, which is resistant to high temperature of 130 °C.
(6) No. 6, PS (polystyrene). This is the material used to make bowls of instant noodle boxes and foamed fast food boxes.
(7) No. 7, PC and other classes. PC is mostly used to make milk bottles and space cups.
The number 6 on the hot cup lid represents the PS polystyrene above. In addition to the material number, the color of the lid is also particular, and the market is mostly white, black, or transparent. But black is the last color in plastic processing. It may be made of leftovers and even contain heavy metals. Therefore, it is recommended not to choose black, but white or transparent.
Try to use white lids and avoid black lids. When drinking hot drinks, you can pay attention to the symbol on the lid of the cup. When the temperature of the beverage exceeds 90°C, do not drink with the lid on. Drink less coffee in paper cups and try to use biodegradable coffee lid and cups. Pay more attention to the symbols and numbers on the packaging containers of the diet, and simple actions are more beneficial to health.